I'm really excited about reading our new boook, Caught Off Guard, for Bible study. I was rereading the preface tonight and I literally have this entire paragraph towards the end underlined.
"That's my hope for this book. I want to tell you stories about God that show you his heart for people in distress. I want you to see his concern for people in trouble - including those who have brought their problems on themselves. People who sin big, are scared of life, who resist wise counsel, who shy away from the Lord, and are angry with him. In short, people who have no reason to expect his mercy or help. Yet people who get what they don't deserve in a good sense, because God is so much better than any of us believe. Because they experience his goodness, these people's lives are radically changed. They have come to know it in their hearts, because they've seen his heart expressed in his actions."
Caught Off Guard: Encounters With the Unexpected God
by: William P. Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen and amen. I'm finding this book to be of large encouragement to me as well. See you tonight!
I loved the book so far too! I read about half of it on vacation and took the opportunity to get some of the poignant questions answered. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
Hey Dana, great to find your blog! This sounds like a great author, I might just have to check this one out too. By the way, love the pics of Conner at Chuck E Cheese. He's growing so much, and it sounds like he's quite a handful sometimes. Keep up the good work!
A good read, indeed.
Post a Comment