Wednesday, January 16, 2008

God in Room 106

During Writer's Workshop today one of my students wrote the following:

God

God is gret a lot. I love God so, so, much. He is always nies. He givs me what I alwaz wanted, freands. That is the best thing that hapened! I love God a lot he is nies a lot and osum (awesome) a lot. He is grat so, so, much. I love God. The End!!


Cleary there are some technical problems and she isn't exactly writing at grade leve, but HOW AWESOME THAT WITHOUT BEING PROMPTED SHE DECIDED TO WRITE ABOUT GOD! I was so excited and wished I could of done more to show that, but working in a public school doesn't allow that. We did talk about adding some more details about why He is so great and I let her share it with the class.

Just thought I'd share this little nugget of encouragement that happened today in room 106.

6 comments:

Daizie Girl said...

Dana! That is awesome! Something to remember...if the student initiates the topic it is OK for you to share in that. It is still legal as long as you are not the one initiating. Just FYI so you can be open with your faith in those rare opportunities we get in the public school system. It is awesome that you had her share her story! Who knows what kind of impact that can have on the rest of the students in your classroom. Awesome!!!

The Rock Star said...

Sweet story!! :)

Jodi said...

I say take it and run for it! Woohoo!

Mel Eik said...

I read this post a couple days ago and I just keep thinking about it. Makes me think about how we should be like children in our faith. God is a great God and He IS awesome A LOT!!!

M. Kate said...

cool indeed

Hayden405 said...

That is neat! Thank you for the encouraging post.