Monday, February 5, 2007

Yeah for 2 hour delays!!!

I have the best profession ever! The weather is so cold that LSC has decided to have another two-hour delay tomorrow morning! Yesterday after leaving Faith at about 5:40 P.M. I had a mesage on my cell letting me know there would be a delay today (Monday)! My reaction, having just come from chruch, was "Praise the Lord!!!" Sorry to all my friends who must still be at work at the regular time tomorrow. The school day goes by very fast when school doesn't start until 10:30 A.M. The second graders were only there 30 minutes before they went to lunch!

Connor for the most part appears to be feeling better. He is a little salty though that the Bears lost. LOL ! Actually we are both happy the Colts won and gave all the glory to God! That was awesome!

note: I have thoroughly enjoyed using exclamation marks throughout this post!!!

7 comments:

MadMup said...

We had a 2-hour delay at TSC today (and have one tomorrow, too!) but it doesn't affect me, sadly. Since I'm not a teacher, I'm still supposed to be there at the same time as usual.

Nertz, I say!

Glad Connor's feeling better!

Mel Eik said...

There oughta be a law.... actually, I shoulda been a teacher! I suppose there are benefits to my job...I get to CHOOSE when I take my vacations-wait, I'm in retail..they black out all the good weeks. BUT I get to write my own schedule - wait, I still have to work my fair share of the weekends or everyone gets huffy. BUT I don't have to work with immature self-absorbed children all day - wait, I have to work with immature, self-absorbed ADULTS all day. BUT if they get too bad I can just send them to the "office" and the manager will handle it- oh, wait...
Hmmm...you know what? :)

I'm just kidding around. The Lord did not bless me with the talents nor desire to teach and I am so glad that He gave them to you! :)

Abby :) said...

okay, dana so i've joined the masses...does this mean i've caving into peer pressure?...and i am now a "blogger." you are so priviledged as to recieve my first posting ever.....lucky you =) i have to say you are blessed to have the school delay and i was blessed to have cancellations so my day ended at 4 instead of 5.

Mel Eik said...

Hey my day ended early too! I left early to avoid being caught in rush hour my the snow. :) (hey-that's a good benefit that a teacher can't really do!..right?) But then my normal 30 minute drive took 2 hours thanks to silly people sliding off the road! So I really didn't get home any earlier than normal...

Snaps for Abby being on Blogger Land! I am so excited! Post something..quick!

magley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
magley said...

Mel - you said "snaps"! How hysterical...I wonder who you got that from? Hmmm :)
Dana - Lucky you!! In my working world we rarely, if ever, delay...even for gobs and gobs of snow.
Abbs - Welcome to blogger land!

Mel Eik said...

magley- :) I thought of you when I wrote it. hee hee.

Another thing, what is with all these deleted posts? Did you do that, mags?