Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow (Part II)...oh and Happy Valentine's Day!

Day 2 of being trapped inside! Connor and I have decided it is no fun. I actually like my job and was excited to give my students the Valentine's I made for them (yes I am that big of a dork)! So do share: are you stuck at home or have you been going to work the last 2 days? What are your feelings about the current weather conditions???

I did have dinner plans tonight with some of my co-workers, but that was before the BLIZZARD of '07! I'm gonna get crazy here and make Connor and I spaghetti and garlic bread tonight! *Note: this is a messy endeavor! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Love,
Dana & Connor

15 comments:

SooAnn said...

Hi Dana!!
I have been home yesterday and today. I'll be honest, it's been a nice break from work! I got my federal taxes done yesterday...yippee!

Enjoy your spaghetti and garlic bread!!

Jeremiah said...

Here is Jeremiah's and Amee's story of the Blizzard of '07.

I, Jeremiah, had to work during the blizzard! Then was unable to get home, so had to sleep at work after working till midnight. Only 2 of the 5 night nurses were able to make it in! Thankfully God had allowed us to get some patients moved out so it wasnt too bad for the nurses who made it!

Amee actually had to work Tuesday night, and unable to drive the car in...someone had to come out to get her in a 4x4 truck! They were going to try to send an ambulance out to get her...but that wasnt going to work, since they stopped plowing the roads at 6 pm!

So, thankfully God allowed us to both get home...with our car nicely tucked away at home in our garage. One of Amee's co-workers was able to give us a ride home! We even got stopped by a cop, but he let us continue home!

Even more amazing is that our confrence guests not only made it to FBC on Tuesday...but also made it home during the worst part of the blizzard! God is good, eh! They even live in Minnesota and they said this was by far the worst they have ever seen!

hope you get to get out of the house soon! Amee and I are actually glad to be at home! lol! Funny how that works out eh!

Say hi to Conner for us!

Jeremiah and Amee

MadMup said...

I had Tuesday off and this morning off, but we were allowed to take vacation this afternoon, so I did!

I just learned that TSC schools are out the rest of the week, but I'll try to go in tomorrow, probably.

Anonymous said...

I, unfortunately, chose to work at home all day Monday and didn't run out for anything. So, walking outside to shovel snow this morning was the first time I've been out of my house since Sunday evening! Thankfully, God has been good:
1. I had a friend just stop over, out of the kindness of their heart, and drop some movies off Monday night to tide me over during the storm (it get's really boring when you're stuck inside with no TV).
2. Amazingly, I had a visitor this morning - just stop by and check in on me. I'm so thankful God gives me friends with 4x4 trucks, just for times like these.
3. I went out about 9:30 am, attempting to tackle the 4 foot drift right in front of my house. I wasn't shoveling 20 minutes and my neighbor headed over with his fancy new snowblower. If you know me, you know that God has provided me some awesome neighbors in this house, for which I am so thankful!

Dana said...

SooAnn- Thanks! I need to get my taxes done....

Jeremiah- That's awesome that you and Amee both got to work and got home without having to move your car! God really works things out!! Enjoy your time inside!

Mark- I wonder if LSC will be going back...Have fun at work tomorrow!

Wendy- That is very cool that you had a friend stop by with movies, a visitor to check in on you, AND an awesome neighbor with a fancy new snow blower!!! What awesome blessings!

I too have a great neighbor who came and knocked on my door at about 1 P.M. to tell me that he had shoveled my car out and would I like for him to see if he could get it to move out. So he took my keys (I do KNOW this neighbor) and came back in 2 minutes and said I was good to go! He and his girlfriend were digging their own car out of the snow so they could go to the store and they stopped to do the same for me! I was so thankful! Connor and I went to Pizza Hut for lunch and then went and walked around Big Lots (I was afraid to go any farther than a mile away from my apartment). God knew I needed to get out of the house!

Anonymous said...

I was off yesterday, but I got bored and went over to FBC to help serve lunch to the conf. people. I went home mid afternoon thinking that if I didn't go then, I wouldn't be going home. I've been here ever since, but even as we speak some kids are out shoveling my driveway.
Good times.

Hayden405 said...

Dana, I'm a little jealous of Connor...At least he got dinner made for him! Those are special times though, for a mom and son, you could do that every year and it still wouldn't be the same.

As far as snow goes...Marshell and I dug our way out this AM...I have the all-wheel drive Subaru and Marshell has the 4x4 jeep for now...Let us know if you need anything!

Unknown said...

Monday night after work I drove up to my parent's in Elkhart so I could drop off my '85 Buick and get the Jeep Cherokee. It made for a long night but I knew the snow was coming and the Buick would be hopelessly stuck way out here in the country.

Tuesday I left work early because the snow was looking bad. The 4wd Jeep made it through the snow no problem.

So this morning I thought I'd have no problem getting to work. I pulled out the garage and promptly got the Jeep stuck in about 3feet of snow in our long driveway. So I started shoveling. Then I backed up and slid off the driveway and almost ended up in the woods! Well, with lots of shoveling by Jason and I, we got the Jeep back on the driveway, and we cleared two tracks for the wheels or our vehicles to get out to the dirt road. I made it to work at about 12:30. I very eventful morning!

Don't get Cabin fever too bad :-)

Dana said...

Steven - Those poor kids shoveling your driveway...LOL

Jason & Marshall - That is crazy! At least you got the jeep dug OUT and did not end up in the woods!

Thanks guys for sharing about your snow situations...I just got word that LSC cancelled for tomorrow! Please keep me in prayer that I would have the right attitude about being stuck inside again and that I don't go CRAZY!

Betty 'Rie said...

Y'all remember where I live, right? Remember the bonfire? Way out in the country, down the long, long lane. Yeah, I've been snowed in for days! I can greatly sympathize with the need for some kind of adult conversation. That is why I read so many blogs! It's my only link!

Petey said...

betty'rie - was that a stab at Jeffo?

Betty 'Rie said...

Oh no, Pete. No stab intended. I will say, though, that although I have been snowed in, Jeff has NOT! He can drive the truck through anything, but I can't drive that tank (at least not well). So I've had to wait until the lane was plowed to get my car through! Ask Jeff about his drift busting exploits of late.....

Jeffo said...

Actually Petey - even with all of this snow my truck can still crawl out of the steepest part of the side ditch! I totally freak people out on the road when they see me just plop over the edge.. The other day I went off the road via said ditch and a couple of cars stopped.. I did some donuts and they finally figured out what was going on.

Come join me sometime!

Petey said...

Jeffo

I was just out with some buddys of mine last night playing in the snow. They both have K5's (87 and 91 - last years for the removeable top). It was a blast! It's fun to get a lifted Blazer up to the bumper and watch it crawl it's way out! BTW they are fun it the mud too. :)

Jeffo said...

Petey, I've had more than my fair share of mud. I actually need to replace almost all of the front end suspension from mudding. Bring them over sometime we can have some fun!