Tuesday, February 6, 2007

SNOW

It is soooo beautiful outside! Only God could make something that is so light, fluffy, and pretty also be so cold and well frustrating at times. My students are so funny, they were looking outside all day completely besides themselves to get outside and play. I on the other hand was worried about driving because I am not known for my driving skills in snow and ice. I left work and headed down 4th Street towards Teal and was about to turn left onto Teal when I could not complete the turn because a SEMI was stuck. All of the cars behind me were able to turn right onto Teal but I was in the middle of the intersection with no where to go but up Poland Hill Road; which if you are familar with the area I am speaking of has pretty steep incline. My little Ford Taurus barley made it up the hill and I was praying to God the whole way because I about went off the road twice (did I mention by driving skills in the snow?). What usually takes 20 minutes took an hour (picking Connor up after work and getting home)! I hope everyone was accident free! Enjoy the wonderful view and try to stay warm.

3 comments:

MadMup said...

I always feel like I remember how to drive in the snow when it happens, but it never seems like anyone else does!

This is probably a pride issue.

Dana said...

I just know that I shouldn't really use my brakes...that always gets me in trouble!

MadMup said...

I've had to adjust to using the antilock brakes - this is the first winter I've ever had them. I'm used to pumping the brakes myself, so it's really weird!