Sunday, July 8, 2007

July 7, 2005

With all the excitement of the canoe trip I forgot that Saturday was the mark of 2 years since accepting Christ as my Savior! I was just thinking back on all the changes he has made in my life and how he took me out of a black and hopeless pit into his loving arms. I get teary because I know the pain in having lived such a destructive and meaningless life before I finally admitted my need for his redeeming love, grace, and mercy. I am so thankful for my new life! Praise God that he doesn't give up on us. I still am saddened at times when I think about people I know who's lives have been destroyed by the lifestyle and choices that I used to make. That could of been me and I don't deserve this second chance, but for that I am so thankful.

6 comments:

MadMup said...

What a great anniversary to be able to celebrate! God is good!

M. Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. Kate said...

Amen to that sister, makes us appreciate it so much more, when we know we don't deserve it, doesn't it? So thankful he saved us both from ourselves.

1 Cor 15:10

Much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you dear Dana! I'm glad you are part of the family! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy re-birth day, Dana.

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love which he loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us ALIVE together with Christ." (Eph 2:4,5)

It's a beautiful day! said...

Congrats! What's better than a birthday? A re-birthday:-) I'm exicted to think about how much you have changed and God has made you more like His Son in the short year I have known you!
Love,
M