Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pampering

I decided that it was FINALLY time to use the gift certificate to Christina & Company Inc. that I have had since my birthday in January. Seriously it might not have taken another person that long to use an excuse to go to a spa of all places, but I somehow had managed to put it off for 4 months. So I made the appointment last week to get a manicure and a pedicure for 5:30 on Wednesday (yesterday). *This worked out nicely as I was called in for Round 2 of interviews at LSC yesterday!

Connor's step mom was nice enough to watch him while I went yesterday. I realized upon arriving at Christina's that I left the gracious gift certificate at HOME! I did not have time to go back home and get it, but the manager explained that although their computer system was down and they could usually look up the certificate she would allow me to go get it and bring it back after everything was finished. It was was wonderful experience and I felt very pampered! I chose a very pink color for my polish. The irony being that the color was called "Can't Help Falling in Love" and it was discontinued!

Fast forward 2 hours and my nails are as dry as I had time to get them. I go to the counter and offer to pay the difference that I will owe after the gift certificate, but the manager assures me not to worry about it and to just pay when I come back with the certificate. Apparently I look like an honest person? Somebody actually walked out to my car with me and went as far as opening my car door (so I wouldn't smudge my nails) but after explaining that I really didn't need her help as I would still have to strap my toddler in the car and surely then would run the risk of smudging. Connor pulls in with his step mom and I have her strap him in, but he was MAD because he wanted me to hold him. We quickly drove home and I awkwardly got him out of the car and carried him upstairs. After looking through 3 purses (and cursing myself for owning so many) I finally found the infamous gift certificate!! I awkwardly got him back downstairs and into the car seat only to realize I have managed to majorly smudge one of my nails! We arrive back at Christina's and it is already 8:15 and about the time Connor is asleep. He is cranky and we waited patiently as it took 15 minutes for them to ring up the transaction (they had to call in my credit card since their computer was down).

I just find it all hilarious because I tried so hard to NOT smudge my nails, but in the end I bought the last bottle of the darn discontinued "Can't Help Falling in Love" OPI nail polish!!! I'll repaint the nail myself!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for 2nd round interviews!

Dana said...

Thanks for the encouragement Marshall!

Anonymous said...

I always smudge MY nails TOOOO after a manny!

Dana said...

Really? I couldn't tell your nails always look so nice!