Monday, April 16, 2007

Virgina Tech shootings

I am greatly disturbed and saddened by this tragedy . I found out about the shootings at school today and I just learned more details from watching the news. My heart just goes out to all of the students who lost their lives and those they left behind. It is unbelievably sad and I'm forced to remember that when their seem to be no answers God knows them all. "The secret things belong to the Lord our God." -Deuteronomy 29:29 This verse was of some comfort last August when the events surrounding the death of someone I was once close to seemed unanswered in so many ways. Lets just pray that God can use this to draw people to him. For we know that only he can offer true healing and comfort. "Praise be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort." -2 Corinthians 1:3-7

4 comments:

Betty 'Rie said...

I have been reading that same passage for days now, Dana, and I thought of it as well when I heard the news. So hard to imagine that I was sipping my morning coffee and playing with Jack while so many were dying! It is a reminder that this world is NOT our home, and it will only get worse as time passes. It is a challenge for us as believers to make sure that when the time comes, we take as many fellow citizens of this world with us as we can!

The Rock Star said...

I really need to get you email so I do not have to post comments on your blog. Anyway...

Sanjaya is going home!!!!! HOW EXCITING!! :)

Anonymous said...

The Lord will use this for his glory. Only he can take true evil and make it good. Death often brings us closer to the Most High.

It did for me when my mom died.

Now it is too late for him as he stands before the throne.

The Rock Star said...

I got your phone message about the hike. We had our second Next Steps meeting at church, and I did not get home until 5 pm. Plus, this homework is killing me. Literally even... Anyway, it is 408 am, and I should be..zzz...z.zz....zzz...