Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tuesday's Homework

On Tuesdays my students write sentence using their weekly vocabulary and word wall words.

This weeks words are:
adventure
climbed
truest
clubhouse
exploring
greatest
wondered

As I'm checking their homework I find myself smiling at the simplicity of how children think. Here are some examples of what they wrote.

"Did you ever wonder about something?" (Yes, I wonder about the future sometimes.)

"God is the greatest person!" (Amen!)

"Orcas are the greatest animals." (Interesting....)

"My mom is the truest mom I'd ever had!" (Isn't that sweet?)

"I climbed a tree as tall as two schools stacked on top of each other." (REALLY? That must have been a big tree!)

"Truest means to be loyal." (Yes it does!)

"I have the greatest teacher!" (Bonus points! j/k)

1 comment:

Sizzledowski said...

I love reading things the students have to say. The other day, my students wrote stories with their vocabulary words, pretending they lived during the times of kings, queens, and peasants. They had creative games like "pin the tail on the duke." It's fun to read stuff like that.