Monday, April 14, 2008

"Fill in the circle completely...

...and make your mark heavy and dark. If you want to change an answer, completely erase the mark you made and fill in a different circle. Do not make any other marks in your books."

I'm pretty sure I will be saying this to myself in my sleep.

Standardized testing.

I thought I was done. I took the PRAXIS II in order to get my license and thought I would never have to hear about bubbling in answers again. Ahhh, I forgot that I would be the one proctoring tests for my students....This week it's Terra Nova and in two more weeks NWEA. Poor kids they won't know what hit 'em!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that 99% of people hate standardized testing...but I actually enjoy it for the following reasons:

It's organized.

It's simple - "fill in the bubbble"

There's no lecture.

There's no note taking.

It's not graded.

Dana said...

It is very much graded my dear. :) All sorts of data is gathered from these tests that are used to evaluate students and schools....