Saturday, August 18, 2007

Still Breathing...

Just to give an update on a few things:
1. I'm still alive. (Some may question my state of mind at this point....)
2. There has been some confusion about when LSC starts school. My first day with my students is this Monday. I appreciate the emails and text messages of encouragement this week. I have spent countless hours in my classroom since last Friday. I have been in there working everyday (weekends included), sometimes for 11 hours a day (ie Thursday night Melissa watched Connor and Jeannie and Jason came in and helped me from 8:30-11:15 after I had already been there all day) because I'm seriously insane. Just ask Wendy and Pete about all of the cutting of laminated objects (poster, name plates, die-cuts) they have witnessed this week (I save that for at home because, well I know how to have fun on a Friday night)! I've gotten a lot done and my room looks very different from the pictures I had previously posted. Some may find the room scary, just ask Greg and Jason, but I think and hope my students will find it warm and inviting!

Thank you to all of my friends who have come in and helped: Tiffany, Greg, Wendy, Pete, Jeannie, and Jason (and Melissa for watching Connor the other night)!! I'm indebted to you all! If I am forgetting anyone I apologize.....Connor and I are off to the grocery store to get some last minute ingredients to make some chicken n' noddles for lunch! Connor goes to his Dad's at 2 and then I'll be working in my room again...ahh the fun never ends. Hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful day!

Dana

p.s. Pictures should follow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your first day of class. May the Lord use you to reach hurting kids. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Dana! I LOVE your room! So bright and cheery. My advice for the first couple weeks (which I did for the first couple of months) Be loving...and FIRM! They are going to LOVE YOU, Miss Todhunter! Let me know if you ever need help again, I had fun with you!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes - you'll do a marvelous job!

Mel Eik said...

I've been lifting you up, sis. I can't wait to hear all about your first day! (and the pics of your room!) :)