Why is it that we worry when we know that our all sovereign and loving God is in control of EVERY aspect of our lives? Let me rephrase, why is it that I worry because I'm sure no one else every does... Seriously though, I KNOW in my heart that God knows what is best and He has certainly shown me in the past that my way is not the best way. I thank him all the time for not giving me some of the things I thought I wanted for Connor and I two years ago. And as Bev keeps telling me He has a pretty good track record. Well that's for sure!
Maybe it isn't that I am worrying, but there just seems to be an unspoken aura of uncertainty hanging over me the last few months. I do not have official word on a teaching job, and although I have been verbally told I will have good news soon and that I just need to be patient, that doesn't make this time any easier. Many of my dear friends know that my lease is up at my apartment in 1 month and that for some unspoken (not blogable) reasons I desire to live in a more "family" oriented area. That being said I've done some looking, but ah there is a difference in making a decision knowing for certain one's income for the future! God is faithful though and this might just be another one of those valleys of humiliation. I started reading Humility by Wayne Mack last night and the first chapter just hit like a big punch in the gut. I am so prideful and it has become so obvious during this period.
I can rest assured that if my Heavenly Father has decided that I need to WAIT than he has a really good reason for it. I may feel unsure, but he certainly is not at all sitting around feeling all bent out of shape about what to do. I have had some trouble sleeping the past few nights so tonight I have picked some verses to meditate on:
"So do not worry, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink? or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:31-34
And my favorite verse:
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands."
Psalm 138:8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This is good stuff Dana. Praying for you.
Love you Dana! I'm so thankful for your friendship...you are a precious treasure!!
Red Couch Friday: I think so! :)
I can't believe you worry - no just kidding! I worry too and our living God is bigger than that. Praise be to our living and holy God!
Yeah, this is one of my greatest struggles. I worry a lot, and I don't like to let God do his thing. I always think I can run my life better than God can. I mean, he's WAY up there in heaven and I'm right here in the middle of this mess, right? One of my favorite verses when I can't figure God out is Jer. 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans with hope and future.
Sometimes I read that and then God is kind of like, "Yeah, we're going to need you to go ahead and re-laaaax."
Anyway, I know how this one feels, so I'll be praying for you too.
Sturm
Thanks guys!
m.kate & gnee- you rock, love you both!
Jonell- Hope to see you soon!
Jason- I second that!
Sturm- Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favs as well. Thanks for being real, its nice to know there is a fellow worrier/control-freak out there! You definately made me laugh...just picturing God shaking his head saying "Yeah, we're going to need you to go ahead and re-laaaax."
I'm sure God just laughs at our feeble attempts to make plans ourselves! Thanks for the prayers!
We're excited to see how God is going to work everything out. I know sometimes Brad and I think things will work out a certain way that would be best for us and then they work out a totally different way that is way better!I know that what every happens it will be way better than you could have imagined because God's best is always better than best:o)
Post a Comment